Friday, September 23, 2011

Introducing: Pinterest Project Friday

I have mentioned Pinterest a couple times recently, and if you haven't checked it out yet, you must.  Like, right now.  Actually, maybe you shouldn't.  It is extremely addicting, and I do not want to be held responsible for your obsession.

I love the way Pinterest works - you can do a search for just about anything, from "cute boys bedding" to "Halloween DIY", and tons of images come up related to your search.  You can then click on the image to take you directly to the original link where it's from.  If it's something you're interested in keeping for future reference, you can create boards to "pin" things to (for example, I have a Crafts board and a Wish List board.) So instead of using up space on your hard drive, you just login to your Pinterest account and access your boards.  Simple!  You can also "follow" people on Pinterest, whether it's your personal friend or a blogger who happens to have great taste. ;)

For the past couple of weeks, I had been toying with the idea of a regular feature here on the blog, but I was stumped.  Then I realized that I have all of these DIYs and crafts I have pinned, some that I have tried, but many that I have not yet.  So I decided that each week I'll pick something from one of my Pinterest boards to share here on the blog.  If you'd like to follow me and my boards, click here.


This week's Pinterest project was so easy, I almost feel like I cheated, but it's really cute and very useful.  I made a custom dry erase board from a picture frame and a piece of pretty fabric.  It took me less than five minutes and cost me about $6.  You can't go wrong!  The process is pretty intuitive (find a pretty frame you like, choose a fabric that works with your decor, and cut to fit.  Voila!), but here is a link to the original tutorial if you want to check it out.
Oh, and today is my dog's birthday, in case you were wondering.  Cosmo is four years old today!






I hope you enjoy Pinterest Project Friday, and I would love to see your creations if you decide to make them too.  Happy pinning!

No comments:

Post a Comment